Sample Job Application Form
Every job that is being applied for usually requires an cover letter and a resume, on top of this, many employers still ask applicants to complete an application form. Many employers require all applicants, regardless of the job they apply for, to complete a job application form. This way the employer will have consistent data on file for all prospective applicants.
While completing these forms you will notice that most if not all the information required, is information that was already submitted on your resume and cover letter. Do not become frustrated or think of it as a waste of time. Companies have various reasons as to why they want application forms to be completed. One reason is that they want to verify prior information given to them by the applicant and a second reason is that human resource departments have a standard way in which data on employees is stored and the storing of data is consisted with the format of their prescribed application form used by the company.
Tips for Completing Job Applications:
- Take relevant employment documents along with you (TRN, resume, Certificates etc)
- Complete all requested information. Don't leave anything blank. If you don't know the details, bring the application home and return it when it's completed.
- Write clearly and neatly, using black or blue ink.
- Check for spelling and grammatical errors. Proofread your job application form before turning it in. MAKE SURE THAT THE FORM IS ERROR FREE!!!
- List your most recent job first when completing employment information.
- List your most recent education first. Include vocational schools and training programs as well as college and high school.
- References don't necessarily have to be professional. If you have volunteered you can use members of the organizations that you have helped or if you are a student use your teachers. In all cases, ask for permission prior to using the person for a reference.
- Don't forget to sign your application!
Job Application Form Details:
- Phone Number
- Email Address
- Felony convictions (required by some companies)
- If under age, working paper certificate
- Schools/Colleges Attended
- Graduation Dates(s)
Position Applied For Information:
- Title of the job you are applying for
- Hours/days available to work
- When you can start work
- Names, addresses, phone numbers of previous employers
- Supervisor's name
- Dates of employment
- Reason for Leaving
- List of three references - names, job title or relationship, addresses, phone numbers
Resume (if you have one)